We are proud to announce that SOZO Recovery Centers Inc. is now a CARF Accredited Treatment Facility. SOZO is committed to delivering high-quality services to our persons served. We are equally committed to maintaining a high level of quality standards for business practice. We are proud to demonstrate this commitment by achieving CARF Accreditation for our Residential Treatment Program.
What is CARF accreditation?
When considering a Residential Treatment provider, how do you evaluate the different available options? Where do you look to determine which providers may offer the highest quality services? The answer is CARF International.
CARF International is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services providers in the areas of Aging Services, Behavioral Health, Child and Youth Services, Durable Medical Equipment, Employment and Community Services, Medical Rehabilitation, Opioid Treatment Programs, and Vision Rehabilitation Services.
Programs and services that are CARF accredited have demonstrated their conformance to internationally recognized standards for service delivery. They have demonstrated their commitment to continuous quality improvement and a consumer-driven focus.
Our accreditation is a public commitment that we strive to:
- Involve persons served and their families in their service planning.
- Respect individual cultural preferences.
- Be accountable to our funding sources, referral agencies, and the community at large.
- Address health and safety concerns, such as building safety and emergency preparedness.
- Maintain management practices that are efficient, cost-effective, and based on outcomes and consumer satisfaction.
What are the benefits of being CARF accredited?
The benefits of conformance to the CARF standards can be realized by both the organization and its persons served.
For the organization, CARF accreditation is a catalyst for continuous quality improvement. CARF surveyors apply a consultative, rather than inspective, approach. They bring with them not only their own wisdom but also the experience of similar organizations to promote quality within the industry.
For the consumer, choosing a CARF-accredited program or service can provide confidence that an organization is consumer-focused and has met international standards for service delivery.
What does that mean for you?
- Persons served and their families look for organizations that are accredited as a sign of quality when looking for services.
- Accreditation is evidence to persons served that an organization has demonstrated its commitment to encouraging feedback, continuously improving services, enhancing performance, and managing risk.
- Persons served and their families can be confident that services will be focused on their unique needs.
Persons served play an active and vital role in the CARF accreditation process, from helping to develop the international performance standards to giving input on the quality of services they receive. Through accreditation, providers demonstrate their belief that all people have the right to be treated with dignity and respect, have access to needed services that achieve optimum outcomes, and are empowered to exercise informed choice. SOZO Recovery Centers Inc. is pleased to join CARF in this mission.
For more information about CARF International, the standards, or the accreditation process, visit www.carf.org.